Friday, May 27, 2011

And here comes the SMURFS.

"La la la la la la... la la la la la...!" The blue people have made a good comeback!

Yes, the very famous Smurfs have recently been introduced to those belonging to the much younger generation who had absolutely no idea how huge these creatures were to people who grew up in the same era as I did. (I'm now experiencing a flashback in my mind in which Hubby looked totally delirious with joy when he located, back at his parents' place, a whole bagful of Smurfs figurines he used to collect when he was younger. A selected few can now be found hanging out at different spots of our apartment.)

Well, now they do. And I must say that some of these young people I know are now self-proclaimed Smurf fans who'd love to live in the same land as these blue dudes. Just look at how fast the Iphone covers that featured Smurfs, sold exclusively by Bossini, were snapped up.

Apart from Bossini that brought in the classic Smurfs merchandise (in fact, I'm wearing a white blouse with Smurf prints that Hubby bought for me some time ago even as I type), it's all thanks to the recent movie "The Smurfs" that the craze was able to return.

But imagine Hubby's and my surprise when we discovered that there were actually graphic novels of the Smurfs that came in a series, with a few stories packed into each book. Hubby managed to get all five of what he found at Popular Bookstore @ Jurong Point:


Nice! Though I'm not exactly in the mood to read comics just yet, I WILL eventually get down to reading these titles. I mean, it's the Smurfs, whom I grew up with. After the daddy and mummy are done reading them, we'll pass them along to Baby Justin for his reading pleasure in future! :)