Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A day...of family outing @ Vivocity.

Yesterday was Monday. However, this Monday felt a lot more different from the past many leisurely Mondays I've enjoyed, the reason being that this was the final Monday before I'd officially have to return to work. Oh yes. The weekday mornings of stepping out of the home before 6.30am and arriving at the office before 7am to get myself geared for a hectic full day ahead. The many long meetings I'd have to endure. The inevitable act of adding ten items to my to-do list before I'd even cleared five (sometimes even one). The stress of having my day governed by bells and scheduled events and deadlines. The crazy administrative and marking load. I could go on forever. Well, anyway, most of it will begin once again come next week.

Perhaps that's why I felt the need to relieve some of that anticipated dread and stress of having to give up my current temporary role as happy stay-home mum by creating more wonderful memories of time spent with Hubby and Baby Justin this week. A solution? A family shopping trip!  The mall of choice was Vivocity. Goodness, it's been ages since Hubby and I last visited this place. Actually, we'd only expected to do a bit of light shopping, but this trip turned out to be more eventful and memorable than we'd expected.

The most significant part of the trip, I feel, was Justin's behaviour. He simply appeared ultra happy to be out there dining and shopping with us! Even before we'd left home for the mall, the little dude began smiling widely and flailing his limbs excitedly, as if he knew that Daddy and Mummy were taking him on an outing. At the mall, whenever we stopped to check on him and squatted down to see him at eye level and play a little with him, Justin would squeal with delight and let out quite a bit of baby laughter. In fact, he did the same when Hubby and I were having dinner at The Mussel Guys, Baby Justin just kept wanting to 'talk' to us, and let out his adorable (and loud!) squeals from time to time. I half-expected to get a complaining look from the diners seated near us! Nonetheless, it's exactly all the joyful squeals and giggles from baby that added extra spice to our family outing. I thoroughly enjoyed these moments! :)
 
@ The Mussel Guys: Pumpkin soup with garlic toast

                                     My pan-fried dory fish in cream sauce with fragrant rice 

Hubby's classic fish & chips

Apart from a good meal, Hubby and I also made a few purchases, one of which was totally based on a last-minute decision:



I'd never intended to purchase a new phone at all before this outing since my previous Samsung was still relatively new and working fine but, as usual, my very persuasive can-excel-as-a-sales-executive hubby popped the idea into my mind and talked me into it over our nice dinner. His selling point was that I could do better with a phone that comes with a video call function so that I could call home and interact with our baby 'face-to-face' when I'm away at work. I absolutely loved that idea! And that's how I ended up taking this home. I got this limited white edition at $198 after renewing my contract, which is $30 more expensive than the E72s of other colours, but I must say this was worth the extra bucks as the white just makes it so refreshing to use.

Goodbye, Samsung Wave. Hello, Nokia E72.

Husband and wife phone

Hubby and I have already tried video calling each other -- it was funny the way Justin kept staring at the screen while I spoke to him from another bedroom. Perhaps he was wondering what on earth his mummy was doing in that tiny screen there!

Well, this new buy certainly makes returning to work a tad more bearable. Thanks, Hubby, for the grand idea! :)